Ginger and I are, as of today, officially members of Covenant Presbyterian Church in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago. We’ve been attending there since the Fall of last year, and we went through the new members’ class this spring.
The membership vows are:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
We’re very thankful to have found a place to worship and serve.